Wednesday, April 21

The beginning...

This really isn't the beginning of my thoughts on fashion, basics, and how the average woman can find her style and still afford to eat. Don't get me wrong, I am in love with fashion and would jump at the chance to buy some of my favorite designers' pieces (Dries Van Noten, Balenciaga, Chanel to name a few), but really, how can the average American (or any woman for that matter) afford to dress in designer pieces like those in Elle and Vogue?

The Goal:
My goal is to give people my perspective on what exactly you can do to build a wardrobe that won’t make you go broke, will take you through the seasons, and will make other women stop and think, “How does she do it?”

The Blueprint:
So to begin, I’m going to lay it out there – my blueprint for the basic wardrobe. Some of the items on my list might not apply to every woman (does the stay-at-home mom really need a suit? does the college student need to invest in an evening gown?), or every climate (winter coat in Phoenix?), but most of the items are geared towards learning to mix and match the basics with more individual pieces that inspire you, so that they’ll work in any climate.

The Plan:
Take one item a week and discuss what makes it essential, how it can be worked into your wardrobe, and companies that make the item at a reasonable price. I’ll also discuss how to find that basic, but make it your own – a cardigan with an offset closure, over-sized button-down, etc. And I’ll also give my inspirations and dream pieces. So here it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment